PGSM : Master
The Fondation Sciences Mathématiques de Paris offers to students, selected through an online application process, some scholarships of 1 or 2 years in one of the universities of its network. The laureates will be able to register to the universities of the FSMP network. They will benefit from a range of courses based on the skills of the whole parisian laboratories in mathematical sciences research.
This program is supported by the French Embassy in Iran, Vietnam, Chile, Cuba and Université Paris Sciences Lettres (PSL)
Be careful, PGSM scholarships cannot be combined with other financial help.
Calls for applications
There are 2 calls of applications each year:
1) October 1st 2017 to January 26th 2018 (11.59 pm, Paris Time) : this call is open to students who carried out a bachelor degree or a first year of master outside of France. Applications must be made online, here.
2) December 1st 2017 to May 10th 2018 (11.59 pm, Paris Time) : this call is open for the same students above mentioned and students who carried out a bachelor degree or a first year of master in one of the universities of the FSMP's network. Applications must be made online, here.
This scholarship is available for students who wish to follow their study in the first and/or in the second year of master in fundamental mathematics and theoretical computer science.
This program is only available for students who can benefit from the French social coverage for students. Thus, for the next calls for applications (2018-2019), only applicants born after September, 1st 1991 are able to apply to a M2 scholarship (or October, 1st 1992 for a 2-year scholarship)
The laureates of PGSM International receive a scholarship of 1100 euros per month maximum : 600€/month + 500 €/month for a housing benefit (upon justification only)
The FSMP will take care of finding an accomodation for the laureates in students residence under preferential conditions. Furthermore, we reimburse the price of their return ticket from your home country to Paris (one return ticket in economic class per year)
Laureates of M2 will receive a scholarship for 10 months + 2 months if they want to do a doctorate in France. However, M1 laureates will receive a 12-month scolarship.
Administrative and scientific support
The administrative team of the Foundation helps every students to be well integrated in the Paris' microcosm. The team also helps them for any administrative procedures such as Universtity registration, medical care or Visa's procedure.
Laureates benefit from a scientific supervision and a follow-up of their school results :
- Advice on courses : The laureates benefit from personalised advice from a tutor at the Fondation Sciences Mathématiques de Paris who will be his/her tutor during one or two years. The tutor advises his/her student on what courses to choose, depending on his/her previous education and plans for further study. He can also gives advice on what to do after the first year of master and help his/her students consider the option of further study at the end of the master.
- Direction of studies : The Fundation and the director of studies regularly check on the scientific progress of PGSM students. Individual support, relying on doctoral students for example, can be set up on a case-by-case basis.
- For non French speaking students : Students' tutors may propose non-french speaking pupils to be helped in English, and may guide them to follow some trainings to learn French as a foreign language. It is wisely adviced for students who do not speak any French to undertake some intensive training before the begining of the school year, in their host university.
Selection is made through the excellency of each student's academic records linked to their Bachelor years .
Decision is made by the PGSM Steering Committee.
Scholarship for the second year is linked to the results of the first year's examination.
Complete application will only be studied.
pgsm -at- fsmp.fr
It is mandatory for PGSM Students to be in Paris from September 1st to benefit from intensive french courses and to be up to date for administrative procedures.
Universities or institutions of the FSMP network
Documents to enclosed to the online application
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of application
- Bachelor/ Master certificate and school reports M1/M2
- Letter(s) of recommendation(s): do not forget to mention (step 4 of the application process) the e-mail address of the professors who wish to send recommendation letters. They will receive an automatic email to upload their letter.
Complete application will be studied only.
Applicants are invited to submit to their application all documents they think are important (rankings, ranking in national and international competitions ...) That would help to determine the level of the application. All the given information must be official. Moreover, the authors of the recommendation's letters are, if possible, encouraged to provide elements of comparison that can be checked.