This scholarship is available for students who wish to follow their study in the first and/or in the second year of master
Are eligible :
1) Students with a bachelor degree in Mathematics from the following universities : Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris-Diderot, Paris-Dauphine, Paris-Descartes ou Paris-Nord, Paris 1 Panthéon Sorbonne or students with a bachelor in computer science in Université Paris-Diderot.
2) Students of first year in master study in mathematics from the following universities : Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris-Diderot, Paris-Dauphine, Paris-Descartes ou Paris-Nord, Paris 1 Panthéon Sorbonne or in first year in master study in computer science in Université Paris Diderot
3) ENS Students who do not have any ENS scholarship and who already did a first year in Mathematics or Computer science at the ENS
This program is only available for students who can benefit from the French social coverage for students. Thus, for the next calls for applications (2017-2018), only applicants born after Octobre, 1st 1990 are able to apply to a M2 scholarship (or October, 1st 1991 for a 2-year scholarship)
The laureates of PGSM International receive a scholarship up to 1100 euros per month /
- 600€/month + 500 €/month for a housing benefit (upon justification only)
- or 1000 €/month for some cases (if a 2-months paid internship is proposed to the student during the online application)
Laureates of M2 will receive a scholarship for 10 months + 2 months if they want to do a doctorate in France. However, M1 laureates will receive a 12-month scolarship.
In some case, the FSMP can take care of finding an accomodation for the non-french laureates in students residence under preferential conditions. Students from this program benefit from student price for the students' cafeteria.
Administrative and scientific support
The administrative team of the Foundation helps every students to be well integrated in the Paris' microcosm. The team also help them for any administrative procedures such as Universtity suscription, medical care or Visa's procedure.
Laureates benefit from a scientific supervision and a follow-up of their school results :
- Advice on courses : The laureates benefit from personalised advice from a lecturer at the Fondation Sciences Mathématiques de Paris who will be his/her tutor during one or two years. The tutor advises his/her student on what courses to choose, depending on their previous education and their plans for further study. He can also gives advice on what to do after the first year of master and help his/her students consider the option of further study at the end of the master.
- Direction of studies : The Fundation and the director of studies regularly check on the scientific progress of PGSM students. Individual support, relying on doctoral students for example, can be set up on a case-by-case basis.
- For non French speaking students : Students' tutors may propose non-french speaking puipls to be helped in English, and may guide them to follow some trainings to learn French as a foreign language. It is wisely adviced for students who do not speak any French to undertake some intensive training before the begining of the school year, in their host university.
Applications are made only from the online form available here. Open from December 1st 2016 to May, 11th 2017 (23h59 Paris Time)
Only letters of recommendation can be uploaded online until May 12th 2017 (23h59 Paris time)
Selection is made through the excellency of each student's academic records linked to their Bachelor years .
Decision is made by the PGSM Steering Committee.
Sholarship for the second year is linked to the results of the first year's examination.
Complete application will only be studied.