The FSMP has the statut of "Laboratoire d'Excellence" as the LabEx SMP (click here for more information).
A network of excellence
Fondation Sciences Mathématiques de Paris (FSMP) is an excellence network in mathematics and fundamental computer science in Paris, founded by CNRS, ENS, Sorbonne University (SU), Univ. Paris-Diderot, and the 4 Mathematics Chairs of Collège de France. Partners are Inria, universities of Paris-Dauphine, Paris-Descartes, Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, Paris-Nord, and the IdEx PSL (teams of Ecole des Mines, Observatoire de Paris and EHESS).
FSMP federates 14 laboratories in mathematical sciences, 23 Inria teams, and gathers more than 1800 researchers among which 900 permanents, involving 5 Fields medalists, 20 members of Academy of Science, and many recipients of national and international prizes.
The Foundation Sciences Mathématiques de Paris was created on december 20th, 2006. It is a foundation of scientific cooperation and received the seal of approval of Réseau Thématique de Recherche Avancée (Thematic network of advanced research), or RTRA, granted by the French government to scientific projects of outstandingmerit. The Foundation Sciences Mathématiques de Paris is the only recognized network of excellence in Francein mathematical sciences.
Its scientific partners are:
- Sorbonne Université (SU),
- Université Paris Diderot,
- Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS),
- Collège de France,
- Institut National de Recherche en Informatique et en Automatique (INRIA),
- Université Paris-Descartes
- Université Paris-Nord.
- Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne
- Idex PSL including - Ecole Normale Supérieure, Université Paris-Dauphine,
Since 2011, the Foundation is in charge of the LabEX Sciences Mathématiques of Paris
Sphere of actions and assignments
The Foundation has three main missions:
- Support fundamental and applied research
- Increase collaborations with the best international scientific institutions
- Develop the public and private sector research partnerships